MELBOURNE: Getting Things Done GTD Fundamentals & Implementation Workshop
- Why do we sometimes feel like we’re working harder but falling further behind?
- Is it possible to achieve what we want personally and professionally without working more hours?
- Can increased productivity really go hand-in-hand with lower stress levels?
The headwinds we face in life today are formidable. We are flooded with emails and instant messages; our calendars are filling up and we live in an environment filled with distractions. We are consistently busy, but we lack the sense that we are focused on the right things. Home life suffers, at the mercy of the demands of our professional lives, and vice versa.
Getting Things Done® (GTD®) is David Allen’s proven path for getting in control of your world and maintaining perspective in your life. You will increase your productivity, yes, but you will do so while maintaining a clear mind and the confidence that you are consistently focused on the right things.
There are two components to build your success: the course and the follow-up workshops.
You have flexibility to attend one or both days.
Day 1: Fundamentals Course
The Getting Things Done (GTD) course includes engaging lectures, clever animated videos sharing the best practices, hands-on exercises, group discussions, and trainer demonstrations.
This course instils the critical distinctions of the five steps of workflow mastery: capture, clarify, organize, reflect, and engage. It focuses on the need to capture all potentially meaningful inputs into trusted tools, the executive decisions required to clarify what those
captured items mean and generate actions and outcomes, the primary and discreet categories for organizing information and reminders, the process for consistent orientation reviews of life and work, and how to optimize your system to make priority choices.
Getting Things Done Course Covers:
- Capturing “stuff” into external cognition
- Processing “IN” to empty consistently
- Applying the two-minute rule
- Making decisions when things show up vs. when they blow up
- Tracking actions contextually vs. unworkable daily to-do lists
- Best practices for handling email
- Delegating and tracking deliverables, avoiding “open loops”
- Creating a functioning reference system
- Breaking through procrastination
- Managing priorities effectively
Day 2: GTD Implementation Workshop
The GTD Installation and Implementation workshop is a dynamic way to ensure graduates of the Fundamentals Course are well-equipped to build and maintain trusted systems and make the most of their investment in learning the Getting Things Done® methodology.
Please note implementation of GTD does not require any software installation, but is implemented using a list manager, paper or electronic.
What to expect: Participants can expect to make some real progress in the implementation of GTD for Email, Calendar, Tasks and Projects. Requires participants to have live access to their email and calendar.
- Email: Handheld workshop for structuring email according to best practices for GTD, with live demonstration, leading participants through handling their own personal backlog and structuring email.
- Calendar: This workshop covers best practices for calendar management, three-fold nature of work and includes live demonstration.
- Tasks and Projects: This workshops allows participants to set up their GTD system for tasks and projects and start populating them.
- Populate your GTD System
- Apply the Five of Phases Workflow
Two days course includes Guided Weekly Review and Support after the course
- Fundamentals only: $695+GST pp
- Fundamentals & Implementation Workshop: $1291+GST pp
- Book Early and Save with Early Bird Discount