Getting Things Done Level 2 dives deeper into the GTD methodology for defining and planning projects and managing priorities.
Once you have applied the learning from the GTD Level 1 Fundamentals, and have some experience of the Getting Things Done Methodology, you are ready to engage with the higher horizons of your life: your roles, focus areas, and projects.
Whether you work on sole projects or as a team member, you will
- Assess your GTD journey so far and identify areas for improvement so your GTD system provides a more complete overview of your world.
- Understand the power of a complete Projects list and how this affects your focus and your head space.
- Understand that there are no problems, only projects.
- Use your Areas of Focus to ensure that your priorities are aligned with them.
- Understand the Natural Planning Model as the best way to plan a project for yourself and your team.
- Learn how to Plan, implement and successfully complete projects based on the natural planning model.
- Realise the benefits of an integrated life management system, and how to keep it current.
GTD Projects and Priorities Course
The level 2 Projects and Priorities seminar brings many valuable insights for the further self-organization such as
- Achieving greater confidence and clarity about roles and focus areas
- Learning to effectively and optimally manage your work in group projects
- Trusting your GTD system completely
- Applying the natural planning model as a revolution in project planning
- Recognizing the value of a complete project list resulting in increased confidence in trusting what to do moment to moment, day to day.
What’s Covered in the Course
- Capturing and refining a complete, current and clear inventory of projects
- Developing priorities through the Horizons of Focus® model, particularly emphasizing professional and personal areas of focus
- Developing control, focus, and creative ideas with projects through the Natural Planning Model including
- Defining purpose and guiding principles
- Clarifying the desired outcome
- Brainstorming ideas
- Organizing project details
- Executing on next actions
- Building an integrated life management system®
The Installation and Implementation workshop is a dynamic way to ensure graduates of the Level 2 Projects and Priorities Course are well-equipped to practically apply their knowledge.
What to expect:
Handheld Implementation of the following key aspects:
- Optimize your System – for priority choices, moment to moment. A deeper exploration of the factors affecting priority choices when managing projects. Learn how to utilize one’s personal system to achieve greater comfort and confidence in allocating attention and resources.
- Build Your Complete Projects List – Identify and build a complete, current, comprehensive, clear and accurate inventory of all your projects and next actions. Convert any problems, issues, and opportunities into projects.
- Master the Natural Planning Model – to plan your own projects from start to finish . Further development and utilization of the Natural Planning Model to achieve control and focus on current projects and situations.
- Map out your Areas of Focus: Identify a complete inventory of your roles and responsibilities for a broader perspective and decision making on priorities. Deepen your understanding of using orienting views to ensure your integrated life management system stays current and useful.